Top 3 Favorite Songs of All Time

 Top 3 Favorite Songs of All Time

A little bit of background about myself before I get into my Top 3 list. About two years ago I would rarely listen to music. It never helped me focus and I'd generally only listen to music on the car radio when going to and from school. Currently, I'm dorming and I was never given a roommate so I use music to fill the silence. (Apologizes for being depressing, it's just something I've been doing at college.)

 With the majority of my time spent alone, I have gotten this great opportunity to listen to all different kinds of music and conveniently I am not one to be too picky. The type of music I listen to depends on my mood; hence, my list will kinda be all over the place. 


3. Pentatonix - White Winter Hymnal 


Pentatonix is a 5 member acappella group from Texas. The group will often do covers of songs and this particular song is no exception. "White Winter Hymnal" was originally released in 2008 by Fleet Foxes', (they are an American Band based in Seattle, Washington.) For this song the members that sing it are Scott Hoying, Mitch Grassi, Kristin Maldonado, Kevin Olusola, and Avi Kaplan. Avi Kaplan left the group to pursue his solo music career in 2017 and to fill the space in the group Matt Sallee replaced him. I find this song very peaceful, and I'll enjoy listening to it anyway at anytime.

Youtube Link to the Song: https://youtu.be/o10drRI3VQ0


2. Starship - We Built This City


"We Built This City" was released in 1985 by the US rock group Starship in their album Knee Deep in the Hoopla. This song feels positive and nostalgic, but when you look closer at the lyrics it has a dark ominous vibe which is the reason I like it so much. The song lyrics are about how clubs in San Francisco were banning live performances of live rock music. In essence, this song is a cry out to the world about the future of rock music and how in the past it played a huge role in the music industry.

Youtube Link to the Song: https://youtu.be/K1b8AhIsSYQ


1. Owl City - Fireflies

Owl City is an American electronic music project created by Adam Young in 2007. For this particular song he wrote and produced it along with Matt Thiessen, who also provided guest backup vocals. The song was released in 2009. This song is my number one because I could listen to it for hours and not get tired of it. It's a song that reminds me of childhood and has an upbeat but calm tone to the song. 

Youtube Link to the Song: https://youtu.be/psuRGfAaju4


(All Images are Courtesy of Google)

Comments

  1. maybe a little more text ... and work on your head ...

    CURTEST = courtesy :)

    oh no ... WE BUILT THIS CITY!?!?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment