3 Classes I'm Hype For

 

    Out of the classes I have selected to choose for next semester, three of them I am quite excited for.  My main reasoning behind selecting these three classes is because each course is based on teaching something that interests me. (Thinking about this now, that's generally the main reason someone is interested in a class.)


Korean  I:

    My main reasoning behind being excited for this course is because I really want to learn the language as I am interested in the Korean culture. If my skills in Korean getting to the point that I feel comfortable having a conversation in the language, I'd love to study abroad there. Of course, I understand learning a new language is very very very hard, especially East Asian languages. For a native English speaker learning this type of language is very hard because the grammar, writing system, and their structure of formal language is completely different from the way English is structured.

    In high school I took many Spanish classes, but I wasn't interested in learning the language but rather passing the class. This time around when I take a language class I hope to retain and learn Korean. 


Intro to Control Room

   I have never taken any control room courses in High School and the thought of learning how the equipment operates and how a control room is run, really interests me. Similar to the Korean course there is something I am worried about when taking this course and that is the length of it. It is over 4 hours long person weekly session. The class meets once a week and it goes from 13:00-17:40. Not only is this class long but it starts near the end of the day. I'm not sure how people are able to stay fully awake during afternoon/night classes; personally I always get tired about halfway through them. My only solution that I have thought of to solve this is drinking a coffee before and possibly during the class time. (Hopefully this works, because if not, it will definitely be a long semester.)

Audio Production

    My interest in this class stems from realizing that my skills in audio production are at 0. 

                ಥ_ಥ Sad times. 

    After taking this class I hope to have a much better idea of how audio production works, so I can expand my options when creating film projects.



Comments